crazy people are everywhere.
I might be one of them,
but I bet you are too.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

find things that are right

I should write a book compiled of quotes from my mother. In the past half an hour I've heard her utter some pretty profound things like,
"I could sit home and watch Desperate Housewives tonight, but then I'm just going to feel like one."
and
"Okay. I've got money, mace, I'm good to go."
.... sentences like that are golden.
Sunday night and I feel like I'm dreaming, maybe because I spent most of the day sleeping, but really I don't know what's going on or where the weekend went.

Here's a list of some things that are wrong:

  • I'm alone...
  • Well, there are 6 cats roaming around my house. 
  • My boyfriend (who is already away and impossible to get a hold of) left for a month long European tour with The Adicts and a bunch of girls and it feels like he's taken up residence in a commune on Saturn. 
  • My non boyfriend continues to worship and adore me and I continue to like it, still no physical contact. I am mean and apparently "a tease" but really my head is in a million different places at once, I can't tell up from down anymore, and all I want to do is love someone who is there but I don't know how... 
  • I went to see family I hadn't seen in many many years last night, my cousins on my dad's side who are all older than me, mostly married with children chain smokers with heavy Brooklyn accents. I've distanced myself from that family for a reason, last night I remembered why. 
  • My father got mad that I went to see my cousins instead of going to see him and his kids and his 26 year old wife who I've never met so he continues to call, not because he wants to talk to me and ask me how my day/week/life is, but because he wants to pressure me to become a part of something I don't feel okay with yet. 
  • Then he had the 26 year old wife, who I'm pretty sure is the author of some anonymous hate mail I received after my grandmother died while I was in Berlin last, call me to confront me asking why I won't go to their house, and if she makes me uncomfortable, and to tell me that she couldn't have possibly written that letter because how could she hate me if she's never met me?
  • I ended up in a heap of tears on my kitchen floor for a while and remembered why I stopped talking to him for 5 years. I'm thinking I should go back in for another 5. 
  • I haven't been able to draw a decent house all day and it's making me crazy.

Here's a list of some things that are right:
  • I rode a motorcycle in the freezing cold wearing a borrowed leather jacket, a giant helmut, and some leggings as I held on to someone who's heart I will break. The cold wind pierced through my skin at 60 mph and I hadn't felt so alive in weeks.
  • On Tuesday the Marie Antoinette I've had unfinished on my arm for almost 3 years is finally getting colored in. 
  • Black Friday didn't feel so black and after work I went to the American Folk Art museum and MOMA, it was perfect.
  •  I took 2 Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Releases and they took the pain away. 
  • People may actually see my artwork now. You can find it in an Urban Outfitters newsletter, permanently tattooed on my friend's thigh, and on this website http://www.flickr.com/photos/flypelicanfly/ see moleskin collaboration and pick out which ones are mine. 
Illustrations of above mentioned:

My ex boyfriend is kind and Alex is brave.



  
she'll take her everywhere...















becoming red in the MOMA 
pretending to be Winona Ryder in Edward Scissorhands, also in MOMA

feeling slightly famous.