crazy people are everywhere.
I might be one of them,
but I bet you are too.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday, Sat, Urday, Sa, Turday... confessions

Hello Saturday!
I'm thinking of you, though I shouldn't be.
I'm listening to The Kinks which makes me think of him but I'm simultaneously thinking of another him. The him that took me to the roof yesterday and showed me the sun setting over the trees and tall buildings surrounding Central Park, neither of us had our cameras but we took pictures with our eyes. We've never kissed, we've never held hands, I see him almost every day but we've never even hugged, we're strictly friends, but once, in the middle of the museum, you rested your head on my shoulder because you were tired and I was making you stay awake. We went to your place for naps, me on your couch, you in your room, you covered me with a big blanket and woke me up in time to walk me to my friend and then walked us to the rest of our night, you told her to make sure I got home okay and to be mindful of my two drink limit because you're always there and you always give a shit. You made us a book, you're an artist, we're going to exchange drawings every week, we have a list of restaurants and places and things we want to go to and see and do. Lots of girls want you, yet you spend your time with me, the girl with a boyfriend who has never given you anything, not even a hug, why do you do it? Why are you so nice to me? Why do you treat me the way I wish he did?
We're friends. We're just friends. Friends friends friends. I'm not thinking of you right now. I will not kiss you, I will not hold your hand, I won't even give you a hug.
I'm not thinking of you right now.
Right now, I'm not thinking of you.
I'm not.