crazy people are everywhere.
I might be one of them,
but I bet you are too.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Take me to Assumption Abbey

Saturday, the snow is falling, I slipped twice on my walk home from the train, I didn't fall, snow drifts are distracting, the sidewalks looked like magic. In the course of one Brooklyn block I saw snow twist and fly in the wind, I watched a man dressed as Santa dance on top of an ambulance, and I listened to protestors say something ridiculous like, "Do you think JESUS would approve of the war?" I came home to 7 cats and a crazy mom and a voice message from a boisterous Jewish lady that was half in Yiddish, she had the wrong number but made me feel like my house was beautiful, my husband looks wonderful, and we really need to tawk soon. I drank some orange juice, I played with a little black kitten, I opened a box of new shoes that came in the mail yesterday along with some Yorkie Dinnerware for my trousseau. Can't figure out how to get a picture up so here's a link instead... http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=16686313&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump
I got the bowl and the plate, they're perfect.

Now I'm ordering a fruitcake online for my Grandparents that was made by Trappist monks in Assumption Abbey, a link is necessary... assumptionabbey.org listen to that chanting, soooo good. I'm listening to some sweet chants, learning about monastic life in an Abbey in Iowa, and simultaneously ordering a delicious fruitcake, I'm happy.

Work that rum you little monkadoos!
Later I'll go to my 3rd holiday party of the year wearing a red mini dress with a white collar and indubitably look like Santa's slutty grandkid, Michael is going to want to kiss me in front of everyone but I won't let him even though I'll want to too.
Saturday, snow is falling, and I'm having a really good day.