crazy people are everywhere.
I might be one of them,
but I bet you are too.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

sand + snow

Maybe I shouldn't have posted a painful breakup email in my blog, I haven't looked at this thing in a week as a result.
Yesterday I was off from work, I painted an onion and took an impromptu trip to Coney Island because I've never been to the beach in the snow. As of 3:42pm yesterday afternoon I could no longer say that.


I came home after being elsewhere for two and a half days, I read an article on emotional eating I could relate to, I ate 3 red bean buns, then I finally let myself look at The Elegance of the Hedgehog, the book I haven't touched in months because it moved me too much. Reading on didn't feel right just yet so I read backwards, rereading words I had last read in October. The house was empty, the olympics were on, I fell asleep to victory. When I woke up my mom was sleeping just a few feet away, I could hear her breathing, I picked up my book and I read on, I cried through every word, I finished it. That book is life changing, anyone reading this needs to stop and go read that immediately, I don't know if I've ever read a book with so much good in my life. It left me inspired to find the beauty in everything, if that isn't a sign of a good book then I don't know what is.
This week I let myself go a little, my hair is embarrassingly dirty. Sunday is the start of a new week, I'm picking myself up by the dirty hair, it's time for a cleanse.