crazy people are everywhere.
I might be one of them,
but I bet you are too.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

self conscious and socially awkward

I have to leave for class in a few minutes. I'm scared. I haven't done anything like this by myself in a really long time. That portrait class I was taking at the Brooklyn Museum, that was with my mom and a bunch of other old ladies, it didn't count, but this, this feels like the first day of high school. What if everyone thinks I'm a freak? What if I bought all the wrong supplies? What if I do or say something really stupid? What if everyone else knows what they're doing except for me? What if we have to do that thing where everyone goes around the room and introduces themselves and says what they do for a living and a "fun fact" about themselves? What will I say?? I'll try to think of something kind of interesting but not too weird to say on my walk down there. What if I get hungry half way through and can't focus because all I can think about is food? Maybe I'll bring a snack. Okay, I need to find some clothes I won't mind getting paint on. I'm scared I'm scared I'm scared I'm scared.